The 4th generation Volkswagen Golf belongs to the compact class cars. Produced in 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 with hatchback, station wagon and convertible bodies. In this publication, we will present a description of the Golf 4 fuse block and relay diagrams with a photo - an example. Separately, we note the cigarette lighter fuse.
Differences in the presented material and your location are possible. Check the actual assignment with the description on the protective cover. If you own a different generation of the vehicle, read the description for the 3rd and 5th generation respectively.
- I - Horn relay - Relay 53;
- II - Intermediate relay contact X - Relay 100;
- III - Free;
- IV - Fuel pump relay. Glow plug relay - Relay 409/167/103;
- V - Wiper relay - Relay 603, 377, 389, 192;
- VI - Free;
- A - Fuse for electric seat adjustment;
- B - free;
- C - Fuse for power windows, central locking and heated exterior mirrors
- 1 - Fog lamp relay - Relay 53;
- 2 - Rear door remote unlock relay;
- 3 - Starter lock relay;
- 4 - Free;
- 5 - Free;
- 6 - Radio / telephone distribution relay - Relay 147;
- 7 - Electronic speed control (EPS) relay;
- 8 - External lighting relay;
- 9 - Fuel pump relay (Syncro-diesel) and alarm control unit - TAXI;
- 10 - Alarm control unit - TAXI;
- 11 - Starter & Reverse Lockout Relay - Relay 175;
- 12 - Relay for energizing terminal 30;
- 13 - Radiator fan relay (air conditioning)
Fuses on block Z13
- D - Free;
- E - Rear power window;
- F - Flashing light warning device for theft warning;
- G - Theft warning horn
An additional relay box is located under the hood on the bulkhead.
There may be a relay: switching on the secondary air pump or glow plugs. The direction indicator and alarm relay is built into the alarm switch itself. And the control unit for the electric cooling fans is installed on the left side member under the battery.